How to Prepare for a Mortgage
Step 1: Request a free copy of your credit report from the 3 major credit bureaus. It’s very important to identify errors before the application process begins. Your credit rating will directly affect your interest rate.
Step 2: Top Mortgage, LLC will request a list of items needed, based on your employment history and financials. These items are crucial for loan approval and must be gathered in a timely manner. You will need to provide the following items:
• Current 2 years – W2 statements.
• Current 2 years of tax returns (possibly one year for self-employed borrowers).
• Current 2 paycheck stubs.
• Most recent bank account statements – 2 months (all pages required)
• 2 retirement account statements, 401K, etc. (all pages)
• Proper identification such as driver’s license and/or Social Security Card.
• Other items can be used to qualify: Child Support, SS income, and VA benefits.
• Additional items may be required.
Step 3: Once all documents are received, credit is obtained and then we can determine your borrowing options.
Step 4: The file is submitted to underwriting and appraisal is ordered. This is a tedious and time-consuming process. The lender will issue a conditional approval with items to satisfy. These items can include a locked interest rate, canceled earnest money check, etc. Once all items are satisfied, the loan is moved to the Closing Department.
We will never lock the interest rate without your permission.
Do not apply for any new credit during this process!
Most prequalifications ready within 24 hours